Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kenzie

One of the MAJOR events that took place happened November 22, 2013.
My little girl got MARRIED!!!
 And I was NOT ready for that. I don't know if any Mom really is...
It happened fast! No long engagement. The planning went from five months, to three month and then two weeks!!! In a way I guess I am thankful it happened so fast. The frantic planning helped keep my mind off losing my little girl. And that is exactly the way I thought of it. I wasn't ready to let her go, to grow up and be her own woman. I wanted her longer... I really struggled with that. I still do. I miss her like crazy.
One night in the chaos of planning I was bawling my eyes out to a dear friend. She stopped me and told me I better get my crap in a pile because this WAS NOT about me!!! And if I was a mess on my daughter's wedding day I would make it about me.
There was so much truth in her words. I did manage to get it in a pile and it was a BEAUTIFUL day.
I love her husband. He LOVES her so much. He cherishes her. He treat's her like a princess. I told him when he asked our permission to marry her that she was our princess and he said she would be his princess. He has been true to his word.
As a mother I want my daughters to have ALL the love and happiness in the WORLD. I want every day to bee filled with so much love and laughter. I want Kenzie to close her eyes at the end of the day with a smile on her lips. She has all of that and so much more!
I love this song by Rascal Flatts. It is my wish for ALL of my Beautiful Daughters.



No comments:

Post a Comment